The inaugural over 40s championships were held on Saturday, 12 May and like the junior and senior club championships before them the weather played its part! It was a long day, starting at 9.30am and finishing just before 7pm, but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and there was some very exciting tennis with a number of close finishes!
In all 28 players took part in the championships, which featured mens, womens and mixed doubles. There was a consolation draw in all three events so everyone was guaranteed at least two matches in each event, resulting in some quite tired legs by the end of the day!
The winners and runners up of each event were as follows:
- Winners: Graeme Wong and Kevin Wilson
- Runners Up: Roger Parker and Mike Lloyd
- Winners: Cath Randall and Deb Wansbrough
- Runners Up: Susie Tocker and Helen Wong
- Winners: Sandra Edge and Kevin Wilson
- Runners Up: Holly Bazett and Roger Parker
Full results can be found here