The second over 40s championships were held on Saturday, 4 May and we were extremely lucky with the weather, allowing for a full day of tennis from 8.30am until just after 6pm.
There was some great tennis with 24 matches in all across all three events – Mens Doubles, Womens Doubles and Mixed Doubles – involving 28 players in total – exactly the same number as last year! There was a consolation draw in all three events so everyone was guaranteed at least two matches in each event and some players ended up playing six or seven matches so it was a real test of fitness!
The winners and runners up of each event were as follows:
- Winners: Kevin Wilson and Royston Skucek
- Runners Up: Roger Parker and Mike Lloyd
- Plate Winners: Bob Buckle and Alan Simpson
- Winners: Cath Randall and Deb Wansbrough
- Runners Up: Glenda Van Drimmelen and Janina Pawlak
- Plate Winners: Linda Blum and Sharyn Westlake
- Winners: Sandra Edge and Kevin Wilson
- Runners Up: Mike Lloyd and Janina Pawlak
- Plate winners: Roger Parker and Holly Bazett
Full results can be found here