The senior club champs were largely completed over the last couple of weeks of April 2008. This year saw our promising junior players make further inroads into claiming Senior as well as Junior Club titles.
The Men’s Singles final was a father-son affair with Luke Piercey beating his Dad, Marc, to hold both the under 16s Boy’s and Senior Men’s Singles titles. Luke combined with his brother Sam to finish runners-up in the Men’s doubles, while Marc partnered Deb Wansborough to finish runners-up in the Mixed Doubles.
In the Women’s event, our very promising junior player, Anna Ruben, took out the title from Kim Burnett and then teamed up with Kim to win the Women’s Doubles. These titles go with the Junior Singles and Doubles titles in the Under 14 section.
In the absence of Mary Walker this year, Kevin Wilson teamed up with Shelley Watkins to take out the Mixed Doubles title. The full results were as follows:
- Winner: Luke Piercey
- Runner Up: Marc Piercey
- Winner: Anna Ruben
- Runner Up: Kim Burnett
- Winners: Graeme Wong & Jerome Cargill
- Runners Up: Sam Piercey & Luke Piercey
- Winners: Anna Ruben & Kim Burnett
- Runners Up: Deb Wansbrough & Cath Randall
- Winners: Shelley Watkins & Kevin Wilson
- Runners Up: Deb Wansbrough & Marc Piercey
- Most Improved Interclub Player: Sam Piercey
- Most Improved Club Player: Shane Robins
Congratulations to all of those who entered this year.